Wednesday, August 7, 2013

welcome to seattle!

I'm trying to figure out where the best place to start with my adventures through Seattle...the beginning would probably be best. Or maybe even a little context. 

So I took a trip to Seattle for a little vacay, visit with family, and to study dance! I was there for a three week dance intensive at the Velocity Center on Capital Hill in downtown Seattle. I felt like a kid with divorced parents, alternating stays with cousin and her husband and with my aunt. I was dancing from 9:30-5:30 on the weekdays and did work study from 8-9:30 in the mornings for the program. 

The moment I landed in Tacoma, I hit the ground running. No, not literally. My cousin, Jessica picked me up from the airport and we stopped by a little (not so little) farmers market in Redmond for some fun fruits and veggies to snack on for the following couple of days. These delicious foods were just the beginning to the incredible meals I shared with Jessica and her husband Sean. Oh. My. Goodness. Soo many divine meals. When we got back to the house, I was greeted by the big canine kids, Travis and Zoe, whom I adore. We caught up and enjoyed the beyond gorgeous weather--for the record, it was sunny the ENTIRE three weeks I was in town..no rain whatsoever (I'm sure you'll hear me saying that a lot through my posts about this trip, seriously though this weather was perfect). 

On Sunday morning, I went to brunch with Jessica, Sean, and a few of their way cool friends then walked around downtown Kirkland for a tad. Then, later in the afternoon, I had my audition and orientation for the upcoming three weeks of pure dancing! It's hilarious how small the dance world is, really. I ran into a girl from the intensive I did at Juilliard in New York earlier this summer who was doing the same intensive in Seattle, where neither of us are from anywhere near either location. And I also met another friend who shares a few mutual friends with me that I also met in New York. Small world, I tell you. These people, plus many more, ended up becoming great friends of mine over the course of the three weeks we spent together. 

The previous three photos are obviously of the beautiful space I was dancing in for my stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment