Friday, August 9, 2013

sunday morning brunch and small town sunsets

 On Sunday, the whole Seattle family gang went out for brunch at this darling cottage-esque place in Bothell. The food was delicious (I gave in and got the biscuits and gravy--a divine choice, I must say) and I had, as always, good company. After brunch, my aunt took me to two of her friend's 60th birthday parties which included social dancing with swing and ballroom of all sorts, once again awesome food, and some pretty neat atmospheres. The first party was at a dance hall downtown with a potluck smorgasbord of snacks and refreshments and a lovely performance by my aunt's dance troupe. The second party was up in Snohomish, a small town reminiscent of my current town of Cape Girardeau--but with better scenery of the Cascade Mountains as the backdrop. 

After dinner at the Oxford Tavern, where more food, social dancing, and a live band occurred, Aunt Pat and I ventured over to a little beach somewhat near her home. It was stunning, especially at sunset. There were bonfires blazing, friends and colleagues chatting, and lovers snuggling around the beach and the lighthouse nearby. It was a glorious evening and even though the weather in the daytime is warm with a balmy breeze, the evenings are rather chilly and nice to cuddle up by the beach and watch the sunset. It was a pretty perfect night, one could say.

No comments:

Post a Comment