Wednesday, August 14, 2013

family time in the washington wilderness

My parents and brother came up to visit and see my performances in Seattle my final weekend and after the performances were all done and finished Saturday, Sunday we went for some good 'ole hiking in the mountains. We were originally going to hike down to this giant waterfall (hiding in the background of the photo above) but we found out that those hiking trails don't open until late September. However, that didn't stop us from finding another brilliant place to hike! We made our way to a ski resort (obviously no skiing there at this time of year) called Alpental. We managed to hike seven miles which wasn't entirely horrid until we hit the switchbacks and got to this incredible viewing point of Snow Lake, which was absolutely gorgeous. After being in the city for three full weeks and seeing everything urban, it was so nice to get away from all of the rush and explore the outdoors. Everywhere I turned around out there made me feel like I was in a scene of The Sound of Music. The day couldn't have been more beautiful either; the weather was stunning. It was just lovely getting exercise, fresh air, and much needed family time on this wonderfully scenic hike. 
I also discovered how much of a camera ham my brother is....

No comments:

Post a Comment