Saturday, August 17, 2013

beaches, bonfires, family

 My last and final post of my little month away series shall be about my five days in Southern California spent with my beautifully amazing family. It was such a joy to relax and spend endless amounts of time on the beach and of course my family. The five days passed quicker than I ever thought they would, but nonetheless, it was so worth it to go visit. As I said, I spent most of the time on the beach, whether it was taking a run with my cousins (and up a terribly hefty amount of stairs), having a bonfire with marshmallows obviously, playing in the very very frigid Pacific, or napping--of course. I loved every minute spent with my family that I unfortunately don't see enough. We packed up one day and walked around Venice Beach, something we might as well call a tradition now since every time we visit our family, we manage to find a way to make it to Venice. The diverse group of people walking around Venice makes it beyond wonderful for people watching--I could seriously do it all day. The family also visited Laguna, Dana Point, and Doheny beaches during our stay. Each night, I savored some more delicious and surprisingly still healthy meals and ugh I really shouldn't rave about the food I had anymore than I already have... On our final evening, we watched thee most stunning sunset: the perfect ending to my month away. 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment