Tuesday, June 18, 2013

the beautiful new york city

I spent last week in New York for my first, and certainly not last time with one of my closest friends from school. I don't even know where to begin with how incredible of a place it is. The trip was an array of multiple serendipitous/destiny moments. It all started in the airplane. Prior to proceeding to land at the LGA airport, I looked intently out the window, anticipating seeing the big city but I didn't see much of a sign of more than some fields and clouds. We then started descending further through the clouds and it all became a white out for a moment until suddenly, the clouds parted and there it was, a semi-aerial view of New York City. It was such a splendid, movie-like moment, it was brilliant! There were many other amazing moments such as that, but I will leave more of the specifics for a soon-to-be post. (I really just wanted to get back to posting again since I've been out of town and without a computer for the last two weeks essentially.)

As astounding of a trip I had, I am a tad disappointed with the lack of photos I took (and lack of perspective and thought put into them). I was as giddy and overwhelmed as a child and simply used my camera for point and shoot whilst walking the streets of the city as rushed and speedy as the rest of the New Yorkers. I am still, even now that I am back at home, overwhelmed and in awe of everything I experienced this week and I am still taking it all in, so my apologies for my scatterbrained-ness.

These photos are some of the snaps I got from exploring around the city, which was one of our favorite pastimes when we weren't dancing all day. This trip in particular was spectacular because I didn't feel like a tourist doing all kinds of crazy touristy things (besides being that tourist carrying around the giant camera snapping photos of everything). Rather, my time spent in New York felt more of a sneak peak of a lifestyle there. Because we were staying with friends who are recent locals of New York and the dancing from 9-5 each and everyday, it made it seem like we lived in the city and were going to work and simply exist like everyone else (amongst the rest of the tourists). But like I said, I'll leave the details and epiphanies if you will for a later post.


No comments:

Post a Comment