Friday, June 7, 2013

many thoughts


Lately I've had many thoughts. Some randomly profound, others..well just random. I figured why not share them? 

Random thought #1. Living a healthy lifestyle.
I do plan to elaborate on this more when I explore more ideas of what exactly this is for me. To name a few things that I am improving on are: Drinking plenty of water every day (included in this is peeing, like all the time), getting an earlier start in the mornings, putting things away where they belong and having a designated spot for everything (this means getting rid of everything that doesn't have a spot or find one--my greatest task...), taking time for myself out of every day--whether it be taking a walk, a nap, doodle time, reading a book, just thought provoking time, anything!
It's funny because one of my degree required classes, one of which the student gets to pick from a number (a large number) of various classes. What I chose for one of my classes was Lifestyle Enhancement. So we shall see what I get from that class too!

Random thought #2. Putting yourself out there.
This kind of piggybacks off of lifestyle enhancement, if you will. I'm learning to simply smile at everyone, because why not? It could possibly make someone's day, strike up conversation, who knows even a new friendship. I'm getting past the awkwardness of people staring blankly or rudely at me when I smile at them just to smile. But the smiles I receive in return far outweigh the awkward frowny people. Plus, people are so much prettier when wearing a smile.

Random thought #3. I leave for my first trip to New York City tomorrow afternoon.
 I'm fairly calm for it being tomorrow, that only means one thing: the feeling hasn't hit me just yet. 

Random thought #4. I was procrastinating on my packing for next week and was scrolling through Facebook and came across an awesome status update: 

"Just show up, start and stay in the room. Let go of the need for a specific result. Just be and enjoy the process. The results will be better than you could have planned." -Kyle Cease, motivational speaker.

These words were perfect to hear just before my trip to New York for a dance intensive. I find myself comparing to others and what I can't do, when I simply need to bask in the process, the progress, the improvement from day to day. These are the times that I feel that I truly can be selfish, when it comes to my own progress.

Oh and p.s. Hannah and I spent a lovely day at the park yesterday. By now, we probably look like a couple with how often we hang. We just really like learning about my camera and talking to each other and being friends, that kind of stuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment