Monday, December 9, 2013

winter is upon us!


There's nothing better than a good 'ole snow day in college! Especially when this is the first one I've experienced in the past two and a half years of living here. Class was cancelled on Friday, so we got a bit of an extended weekend. It is nice on occasion to be forced to stay in and do nothing. And that's exactly what I did. For the first time in a while, I had time to read my book, toy around with the pup, and sit around drinking hot chocolate and rum! --speaking of the rum, acquiring that was quite the adventure.

By the end of the day, two of my roommates (both named Emily) and I were beginning to go a little insane being cooped up in the house all day and decided to make a trip to the gas station for a little alcohol. This trip went from taking the dog for a walk to the walk of survival (I'm exaggerating, but it was an experience I'll never forget). As we were walking one the Emilys dropped her phone in the snow and went back to find it, never returning to us to finish our journey.  The other Emily and I proceeded on to the nearest Philips 66 only to find out their alcohol was all at least ten dollars more expensive than any other gas station... we contemplated for a solid five seconds only to come to the conclusion that walking the extra bit for cheaper booze would be worth it. I ended up trekking a mile through knee deep snow, dog on one arm, Emily on the other (did I mention she is night blind and can't see at night?) We finally made it to the gas station and got the rum and took the side roads back home. Max made some new puppy friends on our way back and one of them he likes so much that he pulled a snow dog moment as I slid across the ice covered road and wiped out into a giant fluff of snow face first. The adventure was one of the most hilarious things that had happened to me in a while and Emily and I deemed it pretty damn priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment