Sunday, December 29, 2013

my top moments of twenty-thirteen (a year in review)


As the year comes to a close, I figured it would be fun to jog my memory (and look through iPhoto) for my favorite moments of the past year. 

Age of Consent by New Order on Grooveshark

Moving into and living in a beautiful house with a beautiful room with some beautiful ladies.



Being fortunate enough to travel so much in the past year.
Chicago, Illinois--
Kelcey, Chance, and I went to Chicago for a weekend for some auditions in late Februrary.




Park City, Utah--
The family took our yearly (ish) ski trip in March.



New York, New York--
Kelcey and I took a trip to NYC for a dance intensive with Keigwin + Company for a week.



Kansas City, Missouri--
The family took a road trip to KC for a few days to get my 93 year old grandma and her little sis (90) together for a visit.



photo credit: Tim Summers
Seattle, Washington--I spent three weeks in Seattle to study dance at the Velocity Center with various dance artists while staying with family. Read more!

San Clemente, California--
My parents, brother, and I visit San Clemente for a few days to spend time with my dad's sister and her family.



Creating and being involved in dance film. A project dancers at my school started in the beginning of 2013, which I am now in charge of the second year of it.

"America." The photo says it all. Without a doubt, one of my favorite photos of 2013.

Learning to play the ukulele.


House/dog sitting at a professor of mine with my roommates. He said, "help yourselves to any food in the house" but all he had was lentils, soup, and grey goose vodka. Did I mention he lives on a lake?


Watching my little brother walk at his high school graduation. I am so incredibly proud.

My 21st.  



photo credit: Gerry Love
A weekend full of dancing and ending with a wedding--

This weekend was very memorable in my book, from starting the weekend off teaching master classes to studio's in St. Louis and driving my professor's car around as she puked out the back window, to performing Larry Keigwin's "Caffeinated" at Dancing in the Street festival in STL, to immediately after performing rushing off to go to a wedding (or reception, rather, considering by the time I got there, I had missed the actual wedding) nearly an hour away. A memorable moment inside the many memories made this weekend was a typical "Sam" moment of when I was driving to Washington, MO for this wedding, I had to stop at a Target off of the beaten path (literally in the middle of nowhere) and straightened my hair at the customer service desk, so I looked decent for the wedding.
Spending time with my insanely crazy friends and seeing many of which who've moved past college do some absolutely spectacular things. 


Overall, my year has had it's highs and lows, mostly highs. And I couldn't be more excited to ring in the new year of 2014--as futuristic as that sounds. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment