Thursday, July 10, 2014

on change, adaptation, and evolving

Yesterday I spent a beautiful day full of conversation, realization, and contemplation with my friend Hannah. 

We discussed much of the future. 

Not too long ago, the future (1 year, 5, 10 years down the road) was intimidating to think about. Now thinking about what the future holds is quite exciting (and still a bit frightening). The opportunities I am realizing I can make for myself are endless--for the most part. I have been thinking about options for side jobs and stabilizers which led me to thinking about whether I am cut out to be a cut-throat competitor in this field. Will my soul still be fed if I am constantly hustling. I am continuously thinking long and hard about the art of auditioning. It is a skill in itself. And it takes much practicing. My most recent questions have been about whether I want to be a professional auditioner. I guess I will know if that is what I want once I experience the art of and gain a better skill of auditioning.

 I've thought about my other skills and hobbies and how I can apply them and relate them to my infinite passion for dance. These thoughts have been validating to what I am wanting (for the time being). But today I watched countless videos of past dance concerts of my college career with my grandma. And that was validating too. I could feel every emotion flood back into my memory as the movement grew back into my bones. In that exact moment, I have never felt more inclined that this is exactly what I was made to do. 

I am still figuring things out in regards to what I am wanting. And I have much research yet to do. But I am feeling enlightened that I am in fact on the track, and I am content. There are many things unknown, yet isn't that how it will forever remain?

I've never really thought much about what a "calling" is. But this, I do believe, for better and for worse, is my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment