Monday, September 22, 2014

toward a healthier lifestyle


Recently I've been feeling in a bit of a funk. Troubles with body image have never really been a problem for me considering I've been active and constantly in motion since birth. But with age, lots of things change. I have noticed recently that my eating and exercise habits are not consistent. I think consistency has a lot to do with a lot of things. I have become increasingly more hyper-aware of my lifestyle as of recently, because it hasn't been going the way that I want it to. 

I read an article this morning on conditioning the body and how important it is to do so and to maintain and build on that conditioning and strength. My favorite part of the article said, "Like anything, the beginning [is] the hardest part." How true. So why not get the hard part done and over with? Now is the time to make that change in habit. Once in the habit, it'll simply be a part of the lifestyle. 

After reading the last line of that article that read "Stop over thinking things and get started!" I changed my clothes, put on my sneakers, and went out for a jog in this lovely fall weather. Sure, I only ran for a total of under 15 minutes around the neighborhood-ish area and was completely out of breath when I got back home, but you've got to start somewhere!

I look forward to my journey in this lifestyle change, this change to a healthier body, healthier mentality, and a healthier me. 



I'd love to hear your feedback, tips, or new articles about building a healthier lifestyle! 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on getting started! 15 minutes is still quite a long time for a jog so I'm happy for you that you got out there and pushed yourself. You'll only get better from now :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete